Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laundry

I just did my first load of laundry by hand! There aren't washing machines or dryers here, so everything gets hand washed. I had to soak everything in soapy water, rinse it out, soak it in new soapy water, scrub it, rinse it out, then soak it in clean water. That took a few hours, since the clothes had to soak for at least a half hour each time. Then I hung everything up to dry on the roof, which took about a day and a half. When I took my jeans off the line, I ended up laughing since they were completely stiff. But they're softening up as I wear them and they feel pretty normal now. It was actually a really cool process. Of course, eventually washing everything in a washer and dryer and actually getting it clean will be great, but I'm completely happy to do this for a while. I don't think I've ever felt this accomplished about doing my laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment